Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Challenge #18 - An Autumn Day

Hello Everyone!  Autumn here and I am your hostess this for this month's challenge here at Anything But Cute. Thank you so much for entering our September challenge.  We were floored by your stories of friendship and amazing creativity.  Don't forget to check back with us next Wednesday when Branka and the team will announce the winners of our Friendship challenge. Now on to this month's theme...

AN AUTUMN DAY 

I could not help but chose October as my month to hostess here at Anything But Cute. This month, we want to see your creations inspired by An Autumn Day. Anything goes mixed media with an fall color palette, or Autumnal elements.  Be inspired by nature with the sights, smells, and sounds of this beautiful season.  We cannot wait to see the amazing artwork you turn out!

***
And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!

Anne - Redanne
I love this time of year, the changing leaf colours, finding acorns and chestnuts, the crisp Autumn air.... all of it!  I have tried to capture the colours of Autumn in my wall hanging, made with Tim Holtz products, including dies, burlap and Distress Spray Stains.

Autumn - SewPaperPaint
I was inspired by our fearless leader Pamellia and her love for nature, particularly squirrels.  With today being Pamellia's birthday, I just had to do a canvas in her honor.  I used the beautiful colors of fall along with natural elements and a sweet squirrel image.  It is such a joy to share with her a love for mixed media and for nature.  Happy birthday Pamellia!  I hope you have an amazing autumn day!

Branka - Vintage Handmade
I was inspired by Autumn's fabulous challenge theme to create an abstract mixed media canvas using  my new favourite products from Pebeo mixed media line. I had so much fun playing with Fantasy Moon, Prisme and Vitrail  paints. I also used my golden leaves and contour paints in creating my canvas.

Lisa - A Mermaid's Crafts

I love Autumn's fitting theme of a project inspired by an Autumn day!! Fall colors are some of my favorite...vibrant reds and oranges and yellows!! I incorporated them into my project using a mixture of Dylusions inks to create the background, along with distress inks, texture paste and crackle medium.

Niki - Pawsitively Creative Crafts
When thinking of an Autumn Day, I think about harvesting season for all the farms and also about the changing of the leaves on all the trees. So many gorgeous colors! For this canvas I decided to use lots of Distress Inks, some stencils, chippies, and acorns that I gathered from my Grandmothers house last year. Carpe Diem!

Sara Emily - sarascloset
Fall is my favorite time of the year, and I always have a blast crafting for the season. Most people who know me, know that I am a Halloween nut, so it took everything I had to resist putting something spooky on my wall hanging. Lots of mixed media techniques were used on this, but I also just did some plain old coloring of my stamped pumpkin and vines--what fun! Thank you to Autumn for choosing such an inspiring theme!

***
I am simply amazed with the beautiful work of my teamies!  Their projects are simply stunning and most inspiring.  Please hop over to each team member's blog to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made.  And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

We hope that we have inspired you to break out those autumnal palettes and mixed media products to create your own autumn masterpiece.  The winner of this challenge will receive the honour of being our Feature Artist for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until November 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, ladies! You have really offered your best Autumn inspiration here! I will be around to visit all your blogs as soon as I can. We are already having spotty internet, although the storm shouldn't be here for days!

    To all our visitors, we hope you will leave some Happy Birthday love for our talented and sweet Pamellia! Today is her Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Girls you all blew it away with your gorgeous creations! I am pleased as pickens and loved reading the details on your blogs. Happy fall and happy happy birthday Pamellia! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant projects ladies, a wonderful theme Autumn - and HUGE happy birthday wishes to Pamellia!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning work ladies XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Gina, and Autumn and Anne, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Gina, and Autumn and Anne, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I'm sorry commenting so late!... Especially as I can read that it was Pamellia birthday!! :(
    So Happy belated to you Pamellia, I hope you have a wonderful day in your lovely nature retreat! :D
    and then, really loving this theme and your gorgeous artwork ladies, wonderful fall creations!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious autumnal makes - I've already seen some of them close up, and I'm looking forward to hopping round to see the rest.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome DT samples! Thanks for another great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful Autumn projects to admire and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inspirations from the team, and I just love the theme - it's my favourite time of the year too xx

    ReplyDelete